We’ve Been Solving Flooring Problems in Food, Beverage, and Pharmaceutical Facilities — For Years
Talk to us about your goals. Then, we’ll determine the best flooring solutions for your situation.
No floors face more demanding challenges than those in food, beverage, and pharmaceutical facilities. At McLean Flooring Solutions, we understand the challenges.
We’ll match the needs of your facility with the very best concrete flooring solutions.
Specific Flooring Applications for Food, Beverage, and Pharmaceutical Facilities
- Commercial Kitchens
- Dining Areas
- Food Service Areas (cafeterias, fast food stores, etc.)
- Restrooms, Locker Rooms, and Showers
- Food Processing and Bottling Facilities
- Food and Bottling Storage and Distribution Facilities
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Facilities
- Pharmaceutical Storage and Distribution Facilities
Common Flooring Requirements for Food, Beverage, and Pharmaceutical Facilities
We know food, beverage, and pharmaceutical facilities, and we’ll identify the concrete flooring solutions that meet your needs, from the simple to the complex.
- New slab or older slab — new coating, polishing, or restoration
- Durability and resistance to heavy wear
- Easy cleaning and maintenance; resistance to frequent pressure washing and cleaning solutions
- Seamless, impermeable surface, free of exposed joints
- Tolerance of high temperatures and resistance to thermal shock
- Slip-resistant surface
- Environmentally friendly
- Fast return to service, low down time (some products cure in just 5-6 hours)
- Resistance to: Water (below and on surface), Impact, Abrasion, Stains
- FDA and USDA approval; no volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Work and customer zone markings, safety aisles, and traffic lanes
- Clean, neat, modern appearance for clients
Examples of Best Flooring Choices for Food, Beverage, and Pharmaceutical Facilities
The McLean Flooring Solutions team will find the right solution for your needs and your budget.
- Most common choice for this sector
- Seamless surface, impermeable to dirt, dust, grease, oils, water, and other liquids
- Easy to clean and resistant to cleaning processes
- Can be combined with epoxy-fiberglass wall matting systems to avoid seams at wall base (e.g., Rock-Tred Chem-Wall Mat System)
- Non-slip and antimicrobial epoxies available
- Second-most common choice for this sector (e.g., Rock-Crete SL)
- Tolerates large temperature swings (thermal shock) and exposure to wet and dry temperatures up to 220°F
Moisture Mitigation Systems
- Install under new coatings to protect against failure due to moisture (e.g, Koster Waterproofing Systems).
- Moisture moving through concrete is the major cause of flooring failures.
- Test relative humidity to pinpoint moisture issues.